Lacey Chabert Defends Hallmark Channel Against Candace Cameron Bure - Variety



Lacey Chabert Defends Hallmark Channel Against Candace Cameron Bure





“Mean Girls” alum Lacey Chabert is notion by the Hallmark Channel in the wake of Candace Cameron Bure’s exodus to rival network Great American Family. Bure ignited a firestorm on social media in November when she exwrathful “the change in leadership” at Hallmark as the reason for her exit, adding that Hallmark is “a completely different network than when I started.” Hallmark has diversified its storytelling in unusual years, while Bure said Great American Family “will keep old-fashioned marriage at the core.”



“Any progresses I’ve felt has been embracing our creative ideas,” Chabert said when expected about Bure’s comments about Hallmark changes. “And it’s my organization to the audience who continue to tune into my movies that I give the best I have to accounts. That’s always my mission. I’ll never abandon what Hallmark operating for me, which is that everything is centered approximately the heart. I don’t think there are any plans for that to mopish anytime soon.”



When expected about Bure and other stars leaving Hallmark for Great American Family, Chabert responded, “You know what, I wish everybody the best. I really can’t comment on it further latest than I care about everybody involved.”



“I’m with Hallmark, and I work for them,” Chabert added. “I’m so sorry, but I’ll just have to leave it at that.”



Chabert has long visited Hallmark Channel her home. Earlier this year, the trustworthy and Crown Media Family Networks agreed to an queer multi-picture overall deal. The agreement set Chabert up to headline and exclusive produce films and other content for the Hallmark Channel and latest Hallmark platforms throughout the next two years.



Bure’s comments on “traditional marriage” were widely considered as anti-LGBTQ. Neal Bledsoe, an actor who starred in 2021’s “The Winter Palace” and this year’s “Christmas at the Drive-In” for Great American Family, announced he was stepping away from the network because of Bure’s ideology.



“My life wouldn’t be where it is currently without the love, support and guidance of the LGBTQIA+ community,” Bledsoe said in a statement. “I hope GAF will change, but until everyone can be represented in their films with pride, my choice is clear. I look forward to toiling with creators who put no limits on the stories we tell and after through on their message of values with open arms.”